LBI IS SEEKING A CONTROLLER WITH RELEVANT SKILLS TO JOIN OUR TEAM.
As a small company, we are seeking an experienced accountant to oversee this team in the role of controller. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience as an accountant, preferably in a senior role. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, you will make it your mission to streamline our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. You will produce thorough financial-status reports for the CEO and senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
Objectives of this Role
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to the CEO and senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points.
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape.
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines.
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action.
- Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development.
- Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and government contracts.
- Oversee or perform contract administration and compliance.
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures.
- In conjunction with the CEO establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a daily, bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future requirements.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow.
- Oversee and support accounting and engineering team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field.
- 5+ years proven accounting experience.
- Professional accounting certification, including CMA, CPA.
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP).
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes.
- 5+ years’ experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager.
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, Manufacturing and Wholesale.
- Proficient in Cost Accounting.
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Fishbowl inventory software or equivalent.
- ICAT Systems government accounting software.
- DCAA government accounting experience.
- Software and accounting systems implementation and maintenance skills.
- Excellent communication, organization, analytical skills.
- Proven payroll experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes.
- Exemplary history of financial project management.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting.
- US CITIZENS ONLY